ASSISTANT CITY ADMINISTRATOR/HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
PORT WASHINGTON, WISCONSIN
Port Washington, WI (12,353). Incorporated in 1882, Port Washington is a historic fishing village located along the shores of Lake Michigan, 30 minutes north of downtown Milwaukee. The City is known for offering “a touch of New England charm combined with Midwestern friendliness” and has been named by Midwest Living to their Top 100 Best Midwest Small Town Getaways. Port Washington, today, is a tourist destination with a vibrant downtown and community events. The City’s growth in the last three decades has exceeded 25%.
The City Administrator is adding to his leadership team an Assistant City Administrator/Human Resources Director position. Experience in organizational development and human resources, and comfort with a robust employee-engagement program, is preferred. Significant responsibilities include developing and implementing a human resources program for City employees.
Port Washington is a full-service city including Public Safety (Police, Fire, EMS), Engineering, Public Works, Water and Sewer utilities, Building Inspections, Community Development, Parks and Recreation, Marina, Senior Center, Finance, Clerk and Administration. The City has 73 FTEs plus robust part-time and seasonal employment, and a $20 million budget (all funds).
The successful candidate will:
• Be an energetic and ethical professional with strong technical and interpersonal skills
• Have a record of problem solving, decisiveness and approachability
• Adeptness at working with a variety of stakeholders
• Have an inclusive managerial style, as well as clear, concise, and open communication skills
Candidates should also have:
• A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, urban studies, human resources management or closely related field; Master’s degree is preferred
• SHRM and/or IPMA-HR credentials are a plus
• Three – five years of experience in a related field, preferably in municipal government
The starting salary range is $82,026 – $92,907 +/- DOQ, plus excellent benefits. Candidates should apply by February 25, 2022 (Open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #225, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to Apply
To apply for this job please visit www.GovHRjobs.com.