Website Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment
Redefining Recruitment to Retention
The Association for Advancing Physician and Provider Recruitment (AAPPR) is a nonprofit organization at the forefront of physician and provider recruitment—a niche within the healthcare HR and talent industry. AAPPR is a growing and changing organization because to make a broader impact in healthcare, we’ve got to grow our membership and voice within it.
If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment in association management and are excited to contribute to our mission, keep reading. We welcome individuals from diverse backgrounds to join our team and support our members in achieving greatness together.
We aim to set our members apart and elevate their unique expertise in healthcare recruitment. As we grow and evolve, we are dedicated to making a significant impact on healthcare by expanding our membership and influence.
Our culture is founded on collaboration, wellness, and integrity. You’ll be part of a tight-knit team of seven dedicated professionals passionate about providing top-quality services to our physician and provider recruitment members. We value each other’s well-being and success, and we’re known for our friendly, can-do attitude.
Physician and Provider recruitment is a niche field within the larger talent or HR world that is often misunderstood. We’re trying to set our members apart while also trying to showcase their unique position and knowledge internally to their own leadership.
The Member Engagement Specialist plays a crucial role in AAPPR, supporting our regional and topic-based shared interest groups (SIGs) and affiliates. SIGs are internal groups of AAPPR and thus, every SIG member is an AAPPR member. This position is responsible for communication, marketing, membership management, volunteer coordination, and event support. The role involves collaborating closely with our SIGs to strengthen relationships and align with AAPPR’s strategic goals.
- SIG Community Management
- Act as the primary staff liaison for SIG and Affiliate Leaders.
- Support SIG leadership meetings and annual reporting.
- Foster community and collaboration among AAPPR’s SIG members.
- SIG Events
- Assist Senior Events Manager in organizing AAPPR’s SIG events.
- Handle conference-related communications.
- Aid in member recruitment and retention.
- Contribute to membership engagement programs.
- Assist in member record maintenance.
- Facilitate information flow among SIGs, affiliates, and AAPPR
- Manage content and resources on SIG websites.
- Enhance social media engagement for SIGs.
- Team AAPPR
- Collaborate in cross-functional teams for member engagement.
- Cross-train on technology systems.
- Represent AAPPR at events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in Association Management or a related field (events, membership, volunteer management, programs, and/or marketing)
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally (approximately 15% of the time or about 30 days a year)
Preferred Skills and Characteristics (Include in Your Cover Letter):
- Prior experience in healthcare or recruitment and staffing
- Political astuteness and acumen
- Budgeting development and financial monitoring experience
- Website management skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Trust-building skills
- Accountability and self-motivation
- Evaluative mindset
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Experience with project management tools (e.g., Asana)
- Familiarity with Association Management Services or Customer Relationship Management platforms such as YourMembership and Higher Logic
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive base compensation package ($60,000-$65,000 based on experience) and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a retirement savings program match. As you grow in your role and demonstrate your capabilities, this position offers opportunities for increased responsibility, compensation, and leadership within the AAPPR team.
AAPPR is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion within our membership, staff, and the physician and provider recruitment industry.
To apply for this job please visit form.asana.com.