Website CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
The Senior Compensation Analyst responds to all related inquiries and requests. Recommends, develops and implements an appropriate employee compensation structure. Configures job families and job levels. Evaluates new job titles and conducts FLSA classification tests. Responsible for all aspects of special projects such as: Merit, Incentives, Market Pay salary survey software upgrades, enhancements to current compensation processes, and new compensation programs. Will assist less Compensation Analyst as needed when assisting on projects.
- Manages and provides expertise and guidance on multiple compensation projects, securing and coordinating all necessary resources. Implements, administers, and maintains projects to completion. Partners with various stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly and according to project plans.
- Provides compensation support to assigned divisions, performing duties such as: job evaluation, assisting in development of job descriptions, and providing expert knowledge on Compensation issues. Participates in compensation design and consulting projects, such as divisional reorganization initiatives or creation of company-wide job families.
- Performs a variety of analyses as part of annual salary planning to assure the competitiveness of CareFirst’s compensation program. Creates executive level presentations. Makes recommendations and provides cost implications of changes for matters such as salary structure adjustment, geographic differentials, equity analyses, merit matrix modification, merit budget, and annual incentive program.
- Designs, conducts, and participates in salary and related compensation surveys, both formal and informal. Analyzes survey results and makes recommendations on competitiveness.
- Initiates design changes with in PeopleSoft to ensure Compensation is administered appropriately and efficiently. Partners with HRIS to develop, enhance and maintain current systems with overall Compensation strategy in mind. Lead, investigate, analyze and participate in the feasibility of automation, implementations and business processes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no direct reports, however, may informally lead teams in a matrix environment.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Math, Finance, Business or related field OR in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years experience as a Compensation Analyst.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR)-HRCI preferred.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience in a Healthcare or Insurance environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Proven project management skills.
- Knowledge of compensation principles and procedures.
- Skill in identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down. information or data into separate parts.
- Skill in intermediate to advanced excel functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Department: Corporate Compensation
Equal Employment Opportunity: CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Hire Range Disclaimer: Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.
Where To Apply: Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careers
Federal Disc/Physical Demand: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.
Physical Demands: The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.
Sponsorship in US: Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship.
Company Summary: At CareFirst, you will be part of an inspired, collaborative team that is building the healthcare experience we want for our families and our future. Every day, we make a meaningful difference in the communities where we live and work.
The organization employs over 5,600 full-time employees in Maryland, Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, and West Virginia, has earned multiple workplace awards recognizing its leadership in diversity and inclusion, wellness engagement, and creation of a supportive and equitable work environment for all employees.
We practice empathy, seek to understand, invest in inclusion, demand equity and nurture belonging every day for our employees and the communities we serve. We rely on the rich diversity of our employees’ experiences and backgrounds to achieve our mission.
· Women make up around 70% of CareFirst’s employee population, and over 50% identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color).
· We have 9 resource groups that connect employees over shared identities (LGBTQ, veteran status, race, etc.) and passions (climate change, healthy living, leadership development).
· Employees are encouraged to give back and volunteer in their communities with their civic engagement hours.
As a not-for-profit, CareFirst regularly ranks among the most philanthropic organizations to improve overall health, and increase the accessibility, affordability, safety, and quality of healthcare throughout its market area. The company’s employees consistently add to this impact by devoting thousands of volunteer hours to numerous community organizations and social causes.
In 2021 CareFirst has received 20 Federal Employee Program (FEP) National Excellence Awards, recognizing its financial strength, customer satisfaction, membership growth and promotion of the Blue brand name.
To apply for this job please visit carefirstcareers.ttcportals.com.