Community Medical Centers
COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTERS’ MISSION, PRINCIPLES, AND VALUES
Working together to improve health and well-being in our communities.
We welcome all people and treat everyone with respect
We believe in the importance of human dignity
We create trust through honesty
We pursue lifelong learning
We are resilient
ABOUT COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTERS
Community Medical Centers is a growing nonprofit network of neighborhood health centers serving San Joaquin, Solano, and Yolo counties in Northern California. CMC provides primary medical, dental, and behavioral health care along with supportive services to individuals and families in need.
Started as a mobile volunteer effort to provide medical services to agricultural workers, CMC is now a growing network of neighborhood health centers serving over 100,000 low-income people each year. The individuals and families who come to CMC know they will receive the care they need and the respect they deserve.
Community Medical Centers is headquartered in Stockton, California. Stockton is located at the base of the majestic Northern California Sierra Nevada mountain range, in Central California, with many recreational activities, such as Yosemite National Park, Lake Tahoe, and the beautiful Pacific Ocean, all within a three-hour drive. Stockton also sits on the California Delta, with fishing, boating, dining, wine tasting, and sightseeing – full of character, culture, and charm. Housing and other costs of living make Stockton, with its sunny weather year-round, an affordable and desirable place to live.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As a member of CMC’s executive team, the Chief Equity and People Officer provides corporate leadership, vision, and direction for organization-wide people strategies that align with Community Medical Centers’ strategic plans and goals to become a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization. The primary areas of responsibility include human resource leadership, organization culture and values, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) framework and strategies, workforce planning, talent acquisition, compensation, performance management, human resource systems, and organizational development. The position is an integral part of the Executive Management team and works collaboratively to create and maintain a strong culture aligned around CMC’s core Principles and
For the past five years, Community Medical Centers has been devoting time, money, and staff to improving the employee experience and making the organization safe and welcoming for all. This effort is led by the Diversity & Inclusion Task Force, which provides a safe forum for employees to express their feelings about racism and divisiveness in our workplace and beyond. The goal is to formulate a plan for CMC’s diversity and inclusion efforts. What is needed now is someone to provide perspective and direction as the task force moves forward.
o Provide leadership, management, and mentoring to Human Resources staff by developing organization strategies, identifying and addressing human resources issues, and by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction
o Focus on examining and building a strong culture to align with CMC values with an emphasis on creating, improving, and sustaining staff engagement
o Develop a budget based on the organization’s strategic plans, and then delivering results aligned with the approved budget
o Ensure human resource management systems are fully developed to maximize efficiencies and timeliness of processes
· Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
o Advocate for the organization’s focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion and demonstrate it as central to the achievement of overall strategic goals
o Lead, with the senior management team, to forge a culture that supports innovation, sustainability, and resilience and reflects CMC’s deep value for diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Support the DEI Task Force with their goals, strategies, and tactics to embed DEI throughout CMC
· Eight or more years human resource generalist experience, of progressively-increasing responsibility and accomplishments in human resources, and demonstrated willingness to take on extra responsibilities and ability to produce
· Experience managing department of 5+ staff in organizations with 50+ employees
· Track record of innovative recruitment strategies and systems to meet challenge of recruitment in a competitive environment
· Experience developing and implementing compensation strategies and performance management systems and incorporate them to organizational systems
· Experience developing a positive organizational culture conducive to employee retention and satisfaction
· Track record of promoting a collaborative work environment where staff are heard, and where staff are motivated and inspired to perform at their highest levels
· Experience collaborating and leading an organizational culture with deep DEI values and supporting innovation, sustainability, and resilience
· Ability to build and sustain an organizational culture of accountability
· Exceptional leadership skills, with a collaborative spirit and strong management skills
· Strong strategic and implementation skills; ability to grasp the opportunities and challenges of the organization and the role
· Outstanding communicator; excellent speaking, writing and interpersonal skills
· Strong commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization
· Passionate about the mission of Community Medical Centers to improve health and well-being in the community
· Strong commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization
· A deep listener
· Problem solver, who is comfortable making tough decisions
· Empathy and a high EQ
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Master’s degree in human resources, organizational development, business administration, social work, or related discipline is preferred
· SPHR and/or SHRM-SCP a plus
A highly competitive compensation and benefits package will be made available to the qualified candidate. The salary range is $175,000 – $195,000.
Brakeley Search is conducting this search on an exclusive basis on behalf of Community Medical Centers. Interested candidates should apply via email by sending a resume and a letter outlining qualifications as PDF or Word documents to Chelsea Burr at [email protected] with “Community Medical Centers CMC” in the subject line.
Inquiries may be made, in confidence, to Search Consultant Stacey Konner at [email protected]
Community Medical Centers, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate in compensation or conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, demotion, training, transfer, discipline, or termination of any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status or Veteran status. Employment decisions are based on merit and on our business needs, not on any mental or physical disability. This company complies with the law regarding “reasonable accommodation” for disabled employees and applicants. The Corporation encourages advancement within the organization.
Community Medical Centers, Inc., adheres to current Federal requirements for Affirmative Action to assure equal opportunity employment. The Corporation makes efforts to recruit, employ, and promote qualified members of minority groups.
BRAKELEY SEARCH is a search firm focused exclusively on the nonprofit sector. As a division of Brakeley Briscoe, Inc. (BBI), the San Francisco Bay Area-based firm works with local, national, and international nonprofits to help them hire exceptional senior-level leaders. www.brakeleysearch.com
To apply for this job please visit www.brakeleybriscoe.com.