The Office of Workforce Planning and Compensation is seeking a Compensation/Classification
Specialist who will partner with the Senior Director to provide expertise and consultation
services to internal and external constituencies on various compensation-oriented best practice
In this role, you will:
- Advise HR business partners and managers in the design and development of staff position descriptions
- Review position descriptions to determine university classification alignment
- Assess internal and external benchmarks to ensure market competitiveness
- Research and evaluate organizational needs and market trends
- Develop compensation recommendations
- Ensure compliance with university human resources policies and applicable legal regulations
- Prepare in-depth data analysis, related observations and recommendations on identifying trends for continuous improvement of best practices
- Identify, develop, and deliver training programs to share and advance best practices across the university to create consistency, efficiency, and transparency on university tools and practices.
- Participate in identifying, creating, and implementing tools to enable evaluation and measurement of efforts to inform future decision.
- We are looking for a team member who is collaborative, but has the aptitude to workindependently, a good communicator, and is adaptable in an everchanging environment.
Additionally, you will:
- Have experience in and/or demonstrate commitment to supporting diversity, equity,access, inclusion, and wellbeing.
- Incorporate the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color.
- Have the aptitude to serve as an advocate for individuals of all ethnicities, genders,ages, and backgrounds.
- Demonstrate organizational, presentation, written and oral communication skills and theability to present effectively to small and large groups.
- Build strong relationships establishing credibility and trust; ability to deal effectively in a team
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, advanced Excel skills;familiarity with workflow process.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years relevant experience or equivalent.
To apply for this job please visit cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.