Website Contra Costa County Employees’ Retirement Association (CCCERA)
Administrative/Human Resources Manager
$10,693 – $12,998 Monthly
The Contra Costa County Employees’ Retirement Association (CCCERA) located in Concord, California, is offering an excellent career opportunity for an Administrative/Human Resources Manager to join our team. CCCERA is a contributory defined benefit pension plan covering the employees of Contra Costa County and other participating agencies and is governed by a twelve-member Board of Retirement. CCCERA employs approximately 65 employees.
Under general direction, the incumbent will plan, organize, oversee, coordinate and review the work of the Administrative/Human Resources Department. Areas of responsibility include administration; human resources; participating in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and priorities; recommending, within departmental policy, appropriate staffing and service levels; recommending and administering policies and procedures; and performing related duties as required.
Example of Duties:
· Plans, manages and oversees the daily functions, operations and activities of the Administrative/Human Resources Department; areas of responsibility include oversight of agency wide administration, human resources
· Participates in the development and implementation of department goals, objectives, policies and priorities; recommends, within departmental policy, appropriate staffing and service levels; recommends and administers policies and procedures; prioritizes and allocates available resources
· Manages CCCERA’s administrative functions encompassing travel services for the Retirement Board; procurement of equipment and supplies; records retention/off site storage; and facilities/space layout, utilization and configuration
· Serves as a resource to executives and managers; provides recommendations to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Chief Executive Officer and Retirement Board on personnel related matters; provides guidance and assistance to managers and supervisors to inform and assist them in carrying out their personnel related responsibilities
· Manages CCCERA’s labor and employee relations program; confers with the Chief Negotiator on labor related matters; serves as the agency’s representative at negotiations, grievances, meet and confer, investigations and personnel related hearings; investigates claims of policy related violations including discrimination, EEO compliance and ADA; directs and prepares documentation and reports supporting labor and employee relations program operations
· Manages CCCERA’s human resources programs including recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and organizational training and development; coordinates program offerings with third party administrators in areas such as benefits, safety, and workers compensation.
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to completion of a four-year college or university with major course work in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related field and five years of increasingly responsible experience in human resources, at least two years of which must have been at a supervisory level.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
· Experience with many functions of Human Resources, including but not limited to, culture development, labor relations and payroll
· Excellent communication skills both verbal, written and as an active listener
· Trustworthy with a keen sense of ethics
· Extremely strong time management skills and ability to complete multiple tasks despite interruptions
· Perform well under pressure and remain impartial
Final Filing Date: April 29, 2022
Application Filing: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply online at http://www.cccera.org/careers and submit the required information as indicated on the job bulletin. Applicants must clearly demonstrate that they meet the minimum qualifications. A Supplemental Questionnaire must be included with the application. Resumes may not be substituted for the official CCCERA application. Paper, faxed or late applications WILL NOT be accepted. EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.cccera.org.