Cornell University embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports students, faculty and staff of all identities and backgrounds. We strongly encourage individuals from underrepresented and/or marginalized identities to apply.
As part of the university’s comprehensive vaccination program , all Cornell employees are required to have and provide proof of an FDA-or WHO-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine or have obtained a university-approved disability/medical or religious exemption, regardless of their role and work location.
New hires are required to provide documentation showing full vaccination status (that is, completion of two shots of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine or one shot of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson) before their first day of work. If a new hire’s vaccination is not complete or information is not received by their start date, the first day of work will be delayed. It is possible in some cases that an offer of employment may be withdrawn.
For additional information on Cornell’s Vaccination Compliance Program click here.
About Cornell Bowers CIS
Cornell Bowers CIS comprised of three departments—Computer Science, Information Science, and Statistics and Data Science — with top-ranked programs in computer security, web information retrieval, computational social science, economics and computation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data mining. That ecosystem supports a growing range of cross-campus initiatives and highly engaged, impact-focused research and instruction. In response to tremendous student interest, the college expects to increase faculty by an additional 25% in the next five years.
What You Will Do:
Reporting jointly to the Bowers CIS Associate Dean for Administration and Finance and the Vice President for Human Resources, the HR Director participates as a member of the Dean’s executive team and the University HR Council. The role collaborates with leadership on strategic planning initiatives and manages the delivery of human resources support to Bowers CIS through a human resources service center shared with the College of Engineering; partners with leadership in proactively identifying and assessing organizational needs and provides counsel and expertise in the planning, implementation, and communication of change efforts intended to meet the strategic goals of the organization. In this role you will:
· Proactively partner with college leaders, managers and staff to develop and implement effective HR strategies.
· Coach, advice and counsel on complex HR issues to college leaders and contribute to or lead the planning and development of strategic HR initiatives.
· Advice and counsel staff and managers on HR policies and procedures and provide consultation and follow through to ensure compliance.
· Oversee talent management, recruitment & professional development.
· Conduct climate assessments and management including employee relations and engagement.
· Oversee Organization design and development.
What You Will Bring:
We seek candidates who hold a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of seven years of demonstrated experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the following areas:
· Strategic leadership
· Expertise in recruitment, hiring and professional development
· Employee relations and employee engagement/climate programs management
· Organization design and development
· Faculty/academic HR programs and policy administration is preferred.
Rewards and Benefits
· This position is located in Ithaca, New York and will offer a hybrid (office/home) work schedule.
· Comprehensive health care options, generous retirement contributions, access to wellness programs, and employee discounts with local and national retail brands. and more.
· Our leave provisions include three weeks of vacation and 13 holidays: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, and an end of the year winter break from December 25-January 1.
· Impressive educational benefits include tuition-free Extramural Study and Employee Degree Program, tuition aid for external education, and Cornell Children’s Tuition Assistance Program.
· You can also view additional information regarding job competencies, staff skills for success and pay ranges. Actual compensation offer will be based on available budget and the finalist’s skills and experience.
* The New York Convenience of employer guidelines require New York State individual tax reporting and withholdings for this position. Additional individual state income tax filings may also be required if working temporarily outside New York State.
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
Background check may be required.
Notice to Applicants:
Please read the required Notice to Applicants statement by clicking here. This notice contains important information about applying for a position at Cornell as well as some of your rights and responsibilities as an applicant.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We also recognize a lawful preference in employment practices for Native Americans living on or near Indian reservations. Cornell University is an innovative Ivy League university and a great place to work. Our inclusive community of scholars, students, and staff impart an uncommon sense of larger purpose, and contribute creative ideas to further the university’s mission of teaching, discovery, and engagement.
To apply for this job please visit cornell.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.