Website El Camino Health
El Camino Health
Mountain View, California
El Camino Health is committed to hiring, retaining, and growing the best and brightest professionals who will carry our mission and vision forward. We are proud of our reputation in the community: One built on compassion, innovation, collaboration and delivering high-quality care. Come join the team that makes this happen.
The Director of Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging has primary responsibility for providing strategic leadership and administrative oversight for researching, developing implementing and maintaining a range of successful practices and programs for our healthcare employees service delivery environment that demonstrates our values and prioritizes equity, diversity and inclusiveness. The Director will use evidence-based strategies to develop efforts in creating and sustaining a culture that embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion in their broadest meanings. The Director will also work with appropriate clinical leadership to plan, direct, organize, coordinate and evaluate efforts aimed at advancing healthcare equity and reducing disparities across all programs, services, and initiatives within the El Camino Health System. Particular emphasis is placed on the development of long-term strategies and collaborations designed to enhance our workplace climate to increase recruitment, support, retention and ultimate success of our diverse employee population as they provide services to our diverse patient population.
· Acts as a key advisor to the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Belonging Steering Committee and IDEB programmatic work; including Employee Affinity Groups.
· Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies and programs to foster the organization’s diversity goals, including efforts to enhance our health equity efforts.
· Reviews current practices and policies, assessing and analyzing the extent to which they support or hinder the Hospital’s diversity goals.
· Collects and analyzes statistical data to evaluate the Hospital’s staff and patient population in accordance with diversity standards and goals.
· Partners with the broader Human Resources leadership team to mutually advance understanding and impact of diversity and inclusion strategies.
· Drafts and implements recruiting and hiring strategies to attract employees from diverse backgrounds.
· Develops and/or acquires training and development to aid diversity and retention initiatives.
· Provides guidance to the organization in developing objective performance and other employee evaluations and policies.
· Assess and advice on complex and nuanced employee/labor relations situations as appropriate
· Acts as the subject matter expert and Champion, advising the Executive Leadership Team on Diversity and Inclusion strategies that drive organization impact.
· Acts as Hospital liaison with government agencies concerning affirmative action and equal employment opportunities.
· Maintains knowledge of diversity-related issues, legislation, and best practices.
· Provides training and policy updates to colleagues and organization, ensuring legal compliance of management and human resources staff.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
· Five (5) or more years of Human Resources or related experience required with at least three (3) years specializing in equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, diversity programs, conflict resolution, and employee relations.
· Demonstrated commitment to organizational excellence, program development, and working with diverse stakeholders.
· Able to work with sensitive and confidential material and possess good business judgment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proven dispute resolution skills.
· Thorough understanding of federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Bi-lingual skills preferred.
· Proficient with Human Resources systems and applications software; Workday preferred.
· HRCI PHR/SPHR, or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP preferred.
To apply for this job please visit ech.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.