Denver Public Schools
OFFICE OF TALENT
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $112,524- $140,654
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for leading multiple key functions within DPS. Directs, plans and oversees overall growth strategies. Implements and achieves strategic
plans, translates district vision into operational goals, and sets the highest standards of excellence.
Leads Total Rewards and is responsible for the strategy and execution of compensation, benefits, wellness programs. Collaborates with leaders to
develop innovative and equitable programs to support the attraction and retention of talent for the District. Responsible for the development and
implementation of compensation and benefits programs, initiatives, and best practices.
Reports to the Chief Talent Officer. As part of a values-based organization, achieves Board of Education Ends and goals through our shared
commitment to Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun. Plans, assigns and supervises the work performed in the
areas of responsibility and ensures compliance with District policy and practices and appropriate federal, state and local rules and regulations.
– Responsible for the development of competitive compensation and benefits programs, initiatives and best practices for merit and incentive pay
administration/planning, salary structure maintenance, salary survey participation, job description review, job pricing, job evaluation, benefits
review and renewal; identifies and establishes meaningful Total Rewards goals and key performance indicators in order to provide partnership and
insight to business leaders, measure progress and determine areas of opportunity and growth.
– Collaborates cross-functionally to execute strategies and practices to meet organizational business objectives and growth for human capital
– Manages vendor relationships and negotiations.
– Partners with internal stakeholders for process and data improvements and issues escalation/resolution.
– Influences continuous improvement in functionality and user experience with systems, tools and reporting capability; identifies new opportunities
for process automation and implement automated solutions.
– Participates in labor relations (multiple unions) and committees to inform and make decisions related to Total Rewards.
– Develops and utilizes data/analytics and reporting to proactively inform and support decision-making and strategy.
– Provides guidance and oversees policies and programs related to all aspects of Total Rewards, including compensation, data analytics and
– Ensures the organization is compliant with related federal, state and local laws.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Five years of leadership and related experience leading compensation and benefits.
– Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
Page 1 of
2 | August 27, 2022
– Ability to effectively lead a function, focusing function on strategic goals.
– Ability to develop, plan, and implement long-range goals, establish priorities, and organize resources.
– Demonstrated experience performing as an effective leader and team player, recognizing and resolving conflicts or potentially controversial
situations through diplomacy.
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
– Superior leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
– Looks for ways to significantly improve business performance and growth.
– Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals at all different levels in the organization.
– Experience in analyzing data, and using data to for process and program improvements and to inform strategy.
– Encourages diversity and mutual respect among team members and demonstrates compassion and sensitivity.
– Bachelor’s Degree is required.
– Master’s Degree is preferred.
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our
school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality
candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration,
Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including
facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team
DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred
professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision:
Every Child Succeeds.
– Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
– Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
– Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
– Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to
provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised
of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in
terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal
opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
To apply for this job please visit dpsjobboard.dpsk12.org.