Johns Hopkins University: Krieger School of Arts & Sciences
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager for the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences (KSAS) who will be responsible for leading and managing the KSAS HR Client Services team, developing and implementing HR processes, procedures, and strategies that are in alignment with, the overall strategic direction of the school. This position oversees the delivery of HR services and programs for staff and faculty within the Krieger School and leads the KSAS HR Client Services team in providing a wide range of support and consulting services to include, but not limited to workforce planning, employee relations, classification and compensation administration, training and development, performance management, talent acquisition, HR analytics and data analysis, leave management, and diversity. Fosters practices that produce enhanced productivity and effective work environment and partners with the HR Director to ensure that the execution of human resources activities, services and counsel are consistent with, and supportive of, established university human resources vision, mission and plans.
The Human Resources Manager, reports to the Human Resources Director and works collaboratively and in consultation with the HR Director and central and divisional human resources, leveraging their knowledge and expertise. Supervises the KSAS HR Client Services team and acts as a close adviser to the HR Director. Promotes actions that maintain an environment that integrates diversity, differences, and fairness.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
• In collaboration with the HR Director, advise, coach, consult, and share best HR practices with managers and employees on issues including performance, terminations, discrimination/harassment, diversity and inclusion, staff development, employee engagement, conflict resolution, change management, etc.
• Work with HR Director to develop and communicate KSAS specific HR policies and procedures;
• Lead the KSAS HR Client Services team in performance management for staff to include working with supervisors to identify training and development programs to improve performance, recommending best practices, and reviewing appraisals for consistency, equity, and proper language.
• Develop and manage the KSAS onboarding process and orientation of new staff hires, provide resources and support for new faculty/staff onboarding.
• Manage the KSAS talent acquisition processes. Consulting with and supporting HR Generalist, hiring managers, and central recruiting experts to ensure the team is aware of and is responsive to local needs/requirements of KSAS while still being consistent with university-wide practice.
• In partnership with the HR Director, manage the compensation process for KSAS in collaboration with central HR.
• Continuously improves HR practices to ensure increasing levels of efficiency, effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
• Manage the reclassification process for the school by leading the KSAS HR Client Services team in reviewing submissions from supervisors, making necessary changes, and ensuring all documents are received and support the request. Make final recommendation for position classification and submit to the HR Director for review and approvals prior to submission to central HR.
• Assist the HR Director with workforce planning and routine position reviews by conducting reviews and making recommendations for classifications and organizational structures for the department/school that meet the current and future needs of the school.
• Partner with central HR and KSAS HR Client Services team to develop and deliver specialized trainings for the School.
• Consult with HR Director and Central HR as directed, on a broad range of issues including employee relations, performance management, HR policies and procedures, compensation, benefits, organizational development and structure, staff development, and succession planning.
• Work with HR Director to effectively resolve a wide-range of workplace issues, effectively assess the situation and recommend appropriate resolution according to policies and practices.
• Serve on various university human resources committees and task forces as requested, and recommend new policies and modifications to current human resources policies, procedures and programs;
• Adopt university-wide human capital analytics practices and customize to review and share with HR Director to enhance decision making
• Manages and/or supports projects focused on one or more areas of HR and may involve improvements to existing program or processes or developing new initiatives.
• Support university diversity and inclusion efforts to support and enhance the school’s environment that values, welcomes, and respects all faculty, staff and students and their differences.
• Provides an approachable environment for discussion and resolution of employee relation issues.
• Generate and analyze various HR report to track information, review salary equity, etc.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Requires demonstrated ability to initiate, develop, and implement a wide range of human resources programs independently and in collaboration with other HR professionals.
• Excellent consulting and negotiation skills to provide appropriate counsel, advice and work in partnership with management and staff on human resources matters, and conflict resolution.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to promote and communicate human resources programs to the staff.
• Distinct ability to work collaboratively with others both within and outside of Human Resources.
• Ability to respect the confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Creativity and resourcefulness to handle various human resources issues and concerns effectively
• Demonstrated organizational development and change management skills, highly capable of working with different leadership styles, diverse and/or complex organizational issues and structures.
• Must demonstrate a high level of competency and mastery in effective management resolution of employee and labor relations issues.
• Possess in-depth knowledge, mastery and skill in two or more primary human resources functions: employment and recruitment, compensation, benefits, organizational design and development, employee training and education.
• In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations in human resources.
• Working knowledge of emerging trends and practices in human resources.
• Ability to work with and use current HR information technology, SAP and SuccessFactors experience strongly preferred.
• Proficient use of the Microsoft suite.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field
• Five years progressively responsible human resources management experience including employee relations experience, preferably in a university setting.
• Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
• Human Resources generalist experience.
• Master’s degree in human resources.
To apply, please visit the link below.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.