Lee County Port Authority
The Lee County Port Authority (LCPA), owner and operator of Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and Page Field (FMY), is seeking a Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO). The CHRO is a member of the Port
Authority’s senior management team and reports directly to its Executive Director. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, management and evaluation of the Port’s human resources functions and activities. The position manages a team responsible for organizational development, employment policies, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, recruitment and retention programs.
The CHRO is responsible for ensuring the Authority maintains its compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations related to employees. The CHRO is the lead in creating training programs for the entire Authority staff and assists with succession planning and developing a high-performance staff. The CHRO is responsible for employee benefits programs including workers’ compensation, health, dental, vision, etc. The position is responsible for coordination of payroll and benefits with the County. The CHRO also serves as chief negotiator
with the union as assigned. The CHRO takes the lead and works with the management team in identifying training programs to foster employee development and participates in senior staff development and training programs.
The CHRO provides guidance, resources and assistance to Authority leaders in an effort to increase their effectiveness as managers. The CHRO may participate in special projects, both internal and external, as assigned.
- Preferred Experience and Education
Graduation from an accredited 4-year college or university with a degree in human resources, business management, public administration or a related field of study;
- A master’s degree in human resources is preferred as is SPHR and/or SHRM/SCP certification;
- Aviation experience a plus.
- Ten (10) years of broad human resources management experience, including five (5) years at the management level;
- Experience in union negotiations and interpretation of labor agreements;
- Strong proficiency in using Google and MS Office;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Superior communication skills, written and oral;
- High self-motivation with the ability to motivate others; and
- Ability to plan, schedule and manage the work of others, including a remote team.
Salary & Benefits
Candidates may expect a salary amount of $140,000 to $175,000 which is accompanied by a very attractive benefits package. Relocation assistance is available. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Filing Deadline: August 6, 2023
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.