Denver Public Schools
OFFICE OF TALENT
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $65,129 – $78,863
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for maintaining the operational and transactional responsibilities of the department. Manages the coordination of day to day activities of a specific business function. Primary emphasis is achieving results by building engagement and empowering their teams. May have exposure for district wide initiatives.
Manages one or more functional areas within Human Resources Operations: Hiring team responsible for processing new employees to the District, which includes the validation of education, licenses, and qualifying exams for school-based leaders, teachers and paraprofessionals or Compliance team responsible for ensuring all teachers meet the required criteria and reporting annually to the Colorado Department of Education, employee background check, and Visa Sponsorship management.
– Manages the activities and daily workload of a team, adjusting assignments in response to volume fluctuations and attendance.
– Accountable for the development and achievement of service level agreements; identifies continuous improvement opportunities.
– Conducts regular audits to ensure quality and customer service standards are met or exceeded; identifies individual or team patterns of errors/omissions/inconsistencies and implement solutions.
– Maximizes team productivity, efficiency and customer satisfaction by utilizing reporting and metrics to analyze workflow, volume, trends and opportunities for improvement, training and coaching.
– Actively seeks and responds to customer feedback; identifies and implements process/customer service continuous improvements and innovative solutions in response to survey feedback.
– Manages customer relations and escalated customer issues.
– Recruits, selects, trains, coaches and develop employees; monitors and manages performance and provides regular performance feedback.
– Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Five (5) or more years of progressive and relevant work experience is required in most of the following HR areas: staffing and on boarding, HRIS, and/or HR operations such as benefits, payroll or compensation.
– Three (3) years of supervisory experience, or experience leading cross functional teams. Is required.
– Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; strong knowledge of information technology and HR policies and best practices.
– Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for problem-solving and managing issues to satisfactory closure.
– Excellent planning, organization, and written/verbal communication skills.
– Ability to develop and interpret data and manage resources.
– Ability to build trusted working relationships with internal customers and business partners.
– Excellent customer service skills.
– Ability to prioritize, work with limited resources, multi-task and work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
– Ability to maintain confidential information and demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
– Excellent people management skills, including ability to manage projects and system processes.
– Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products and Google Workspace
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and experience is highly preferred.
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
– Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
– Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
– Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
– Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
To apply for this job please visit dpsjobboard.dpsk12.org.