Human Resources Manager
MassDevelopment, the state’s development finance agency and land bank, works with businesses, nonprofits, banks, and communities to stimulate economic growth. Through these collaborations we help create jobs, increase the number of housing units, revitalize urban environments, and address factors limiting growth including transportation, energy, and infrastructure deficiencies.
MassDevelopment is committed to achieving three goals: stimulating business, driving economic growth, and helping communities across Massachusetts, all through the lens of access, diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to provide a work environment that celebrates difference and is free of implicit and explicit bias; an environment that recognizes the thoughts and contributions of every colleague as crucial to our collective success.
Job Location: Boston/Hybrid
Minimum of three days in the Boston, MA office, remaining two days worked remotely. Travel to Devens, MA office may be required.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Human Resources
The Human Resources Manager is a key member of a high-performing Human Resources team committed to supporting a diverse mix of talented people who want to come, stay, and do their best work at MassDevelopment. This is a great opportunity for an HR professional interested in deepening their skills, gaining experience in HR operations, specializing in training and development, and building strategies that increase access and inclusion in the workplace.
- Together with HR team, partners with agency leadership to align HR strategy to business strategy while improving employee engagement.
- Designs and implements the training strategy for the agency, in collaboration with the HR team and agency leaders.
- Places access, diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of their work.
- Identifies gaps in skills, knowledge, and competencies and coordinates a training strategy to address these gaps.
- Ensures that all employees have access to appropriate training and development.
- Sets and manages the training budget and reports spending.
- Builds strong internal networks, identifying and developing trainers within the agency.
- Builds strong external networks of trainers and training resources.
- Member of the HR Management team.
- Establishes and tracks the training KPIs.
- Remains current on trends and innovation in the field of workplace training and development.
- Actively participates in annual budget planning, taking the lead on the development of the training budget.
- Assists with payroll processing and employee benefit programs as needed.
Leads and/or supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include performance management, merit awards, benefits enrollment, etc.
- Uses data and interprets metrics to provide sound recommendations and continuous improvement for the agency.
- Remains knowledgeable of current and new employment laws.
- In partnership with the HR team, ensures compliance with all employment and legal paperwork, disclosures, required training, etc.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, in partnership with HR peers, to develop solutions, programs, protocols, and policies that enhance the employee experience and agency culture.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-oppression concepts and concerns in the workplace, especially as they apply to training and development.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Experience identifying training and development needs within an organization utilizing various learning and delivery modalities.
- Successfully created and implemented a corporate training and development program at all levels of the organization: whole organization, department, cross department, team, and individual.
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and required trainings.
- Proven ability to adapt to changing priorities, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Highly efficient at multi-tasking including prioritization, responsiveness, and keeping others informed.
- Strong knowledge of the foundational HR skills: benefits, employee relations, staffing, compensation, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; or a combination of experience and education.
- Nimble user of technology.
MassDevelopment offers a robust and generous benefits package. In addition to standard benefits, highlights include:
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Premium Medical and Dental Coverage
- Generous employer Contributions to Retirement Savings Plans
- 7.5% employer contribution into a 401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
- 457(b) with employer match of up to 5%
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Transportation support
- Charitable giving matching gifts
MassDevelopment’s commitment to access, diversity, equity, and inclusion means we welcome individuals of all abilities, ages, educations, ethnicities, family statuses, gender identities, genders, genetic information, languages, marital status, military experiences, political views, pregnancy, religions, sexual orientations, socioeconomic statuses, and work experiences. We encourage applicants from diverse lived experiences to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.cognitoforms.com.