Website New York State Teachers' Retirement System
All applications to NYSTRS should be done via the https://nystrs.peopleadmin.com/ site. NYSTRS will never ask you to submit private information via email or direct you to submit private information to another site as part of our recruitment process.
This position is eligible for a 80% remote/20% in-office flexible work option as outlined in NYSTRS’ Flexible Work Pilot Program.
The Assistant Director is part of the Enterprise Planning & Development (EPD) department, whose mission is to assist, support and deliver performance metrics, training, project management and portfolio prioritization services that enable NYSTRS to achieve its mission and vision.
• A Bachelor’s degree and
• 5 years of relevant professional experience
• An advanced degree may substitute for 1 year of professional experience
Demonstrated skills and abilities in:
· Designing and implementing effective training and development plans at the individual and organizational level
· Traditional and modern training processes
· Strong oral and written communications skills, including the ability to give trainings and/or presentations to large groups of people
· Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, employees, management, executives)
· Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
· A self-starter with a demonstrated willingness to learn new skills
· Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
· Strategic and creative mindset
· Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
· Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
· Proficiency in MS Office suite
The Assistant Director of Enterprise Planning & Development reports to the Director of Enterprise Planning and Development. The Assistant Director will provide day-to-day oversight of the Enterprise Training & Development and Performance Measures units and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
· Spearheading the design, development, and implementation of an organizational-wide Training & Development strategy to successfully transform the learning experience for all employees, support the employee experience, and build a culture of continuous learning.
· Analyzing and assessing training needs on an ongoing basis to meet System and program initiatives.
· Developing and implementing training programs to advance skills of staff while providing a consistent training experience across the organization.
· Integrate with Human Resources to collaborate on development plans tied to succession planning programs
· Providing guidance and support to improve NYSTRS’ training and delivery. This includes regular research into adult education best practices and innovative service delivery to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
· Collaborating with department and key stakeholders on critical learning and development initiatives
· Ensuring that the design and delivery of training include consideration for varied learning styles and makes accommodations for inclusion for learners with disability.
· Designing learning solutions that include a blended approach to learning such as classroom training, e-learning, coaching, and experiential learning.
· Working closely with Human Resources and DEI to develop strategies to drive employee engagement, belonging and leadership.
· Build culture and employee engagement through recognition & rewards programs and other engagement activities
· Review analyze and assesses program utilization and employee feedback
· Create internal communications, events and programs materials
· Leading an organization-wide process documentation strategy to enhance employee training and skill development
· Working with Executives and Management to develop and monitor performance measures and initiatives
· Train, motivate and evaluate EPD personnel, including ensuring that staff understands how their role and work contributes to achieving organizational goals
To apply for this job please visit nystrs.peopleadmin.com.