While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we’re not what you might expect. We’re unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves. We are looking for people who want to help our country reach its full economic potential. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an expansive economy that works for everyone.
Our Organizational Transformation team has a phenomenal opportunity to add an Organizational Transformation Strategist to our team! Our ideal candidate has a solid understanding in organizational effectiveness and design and stays up to date with the current landscape and challenges we all face. In this critical role, you will evaluate areas of opportunity to improve our workplace – think: organizational effectiveness, culture, management techniques, and the massive “future of work” questions (i.e., hybrid working arrangement costs and benefits, physical workspace design and utilization). Help us refine our process for selecting and prioritizing our programs, and then research and pilot the programs. Finally, write the case/business model supporting the direction you think we should be moving. If you are ready to make an impact in public service? Interested in an opportunity to lead transformation and bring our strategy to life by identifying ideas and turning them into action to define our future? Perhaps you want to work with motivated colleagues and inspirational leaders who want to improve their communities. If yes – then read on!
We need you, a motivated and skilled Strategist who can research, identify new opportunities to improve our organization, craft experiments, and build the business model and plans to implement. This includes conceptualizing our future state, research the latest trends and information, and developing methods to prove your ideas. You will partner with the team helping to drive transformation and building organizational change capabilities. Our organization sits at the crossroads of Strategy, People, and Culture, ensuring the Fed is moving forward on its vision to be a champion public service organization, by helping drive shifts in behavior, attitudes, and systems. As a key member of the team, you will take lead on researching new initiatives and opportunities, experimentation, drive key decisions, and support the overall transformation strategy.
Your expertise, organizational change experience, and synergetic nature will be instrumental to help the Change team accelerate the SF Fed’s transformation and shape and sustain its culture.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Research products, services, competitive landscape, and current strategies to identify new opportunities, solutions, and trends in organizational efficiency and business transformation aligned with our strategy and initiatives goals.
- Design, develop, and coordinate plans to pilot and test the highest priority ideas, including leading team members and identification of success criteria.
- Works with experiment and test data and cross-functional teams to create business cases and model metrics to measure return on investment.
- Scope and build plans for implementation in partnership with the Organizational Transformation teams for successful solutions.
- Acts as a trusted client partner/innovation specialist and provides knowledge and counsel to others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Development, Business Administration, Engineering or related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Typically requires five or more years of leading projects with cross functional teams, portfolio management, or strategy planning.
- Strategic problem solver with business enterprise and emerging technologies knowledge.
- Problem solver with skills performing market research or related experience.
- Expert presenter, deck creator, and storyteller; comfortable communicating to the senior leadership level.
- Proficient in meeting design and facilitation.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Teams, Excel, Power Point, and Word.
- Industry certifications in change management and/or design thinking preferred.
- OD consulting background is a plus, not required.
This is a hybrid role which requires some in office time with a heavy “work from home” option. If you do not live locally, within a commutable distance to our SF office, and you are interested in relocation, please include a cover letter with your application letting us know. We are able to provide relocation assistance.
(Other job titles this job may use: Business Design Strategist, OD Strategist, Senior Organizational Change Manager, Organizational Transformation and Change Strategist, Organizational Development Consultant, Consultant Operational Excellence, Transformation Change Management Analyst, Lead Business Analyst – Organizational Transformation, Sr. Organizational Development Specialist, Organizational Effectiveness Consultant.)
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holiday’s, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.