Port of Oakland
PORT HUMAN RESOURCE ANALYST (LABOR RELATIONS)
Salary: $10,096 – $12,509/Month (37.5-hour work week)
Your Port. Your Community. Your Career.
When you join the Port of Oakland, you become part of a proud local legacy, an organization that touches virtually every resident with its services and programs. The Port of Oakland oversees the Oakland seaport, Oakland International Airport and 20 miles of waterfront. The Oakland seaport is in the top 10 busiest container ports in the U.S.; Oakland International Airport is the second largest San Francisco Bay Area airport offering over 300 daily passenger and cargo flights; and the Port’s real estate includes commercial developments such as Jack London Square and hundreds of acres of public parks and conservation areas.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Port Human Resource Analyst (Labor Relations). Under general supervision, the Port Human Resource Analyst performs a variety of professional duties in the administration employee and labor relations and other special projects related to general personnel systems.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meets with departments and employee organizations to resolve grievances; provides advice on grievances and disciplinary actions to operating divisions; participates in Skelly hearings.
- Provides information concerning personnel rules, regulations and procedures and terms of labor contracts to departmental personnel.
- Prepares statistical reports and surveys for labor studies.
- Identifies outside sources for training in labor relations; may conduct workshops in labor-related matters.
- Provides information and training on labor laws, contracts, personnel rules, disciplinary actions. Participates in the negotiation of labor contracts and issues of above average complexity in order to establish wages, benefits and working conditions.
- Prepares research and studies in preparation for Port negotiations; assists in drafting and revising proposal language for insertion into the Memorandum of Understanding; prepares legal and administrative documents related to disciplinary actions.
- Participates in the formulation of human resource policies and procedures.
- Interprets and explains personnel rules, regulations and procedures.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures for personnel programs.
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in human resources management, business administration, public administration, industrial relations or related field.
Experience: Two years progressively responsible experience at the level of an Assistant Port Human Resource Analyst.
Licenses: Must possess a valid California Class C driver’s license at the time and for the duration of appointment.
Additional Requirements: Willingness to work overtime and on weekends occasionally to oversee and/or facilitate examinations.
The Port’s compensation and benefit program ranks among the best in the region for public jurisdictions and is designed to reward performance and promote a balanced lifestyle, both at the workplace and away from the workplace, for our employees and their families. The Port is committed to the health and well-being of its employees and has been recognized as a FIT-Friendly Employer by the American Heart Association. We offer a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 457 plan and paid leave.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity, view supplemental questions and/or obtain more details, please visit us at https://www.portofoakland.com/business/job-center/. Apply by October 27, 2023 at 5:00 PM.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.portofoakland.com.