MdArchives Prince George's County Government, Office of Human Resources Management
Prince George's Proud
The Office of Human Resources Management (OHRM) is seeking an extremely qualified candidate to fill an Associate Director, HR Operations, grade G-33. This is highly responsible management-level professional, supervisory, and administrative work with the overall responsibility of managing, evaluating, and providing leadership in HR operational programs. The position is responsible for the effective and consistent coordination, implementation, and workflow of HR business processes, functions, and procedures related to recruitment, staffing, position management, people operations, classification & compensation, and background and compliance. The incumbent will also provide human resources leadership and support in areas including employee engagement and retention, performance management, total rewards, employee development, HR operations, HRIS, and talent acquisition Our ideal candidate must be enthusiastic about human resources and organizational development, have recent HR experience working for the government or a not-for-profit company, and be a strong, empathetic leader willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. Your role will focus on the following areas of importance to the County: talent acquisition and management, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), leadership and skills development, employee experience, and people and culture operations management. This position reports directly to the Director, OHRM, and will be a strategic partner alongside all other Deputy Directors and Associate Directors to support our mission. This is a working manager role in that the incumbent will also recruit and fill positions. Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on evolving business needs. Work is performed independently under the general supervision of a Director/Deputy Director and is evaluated according to the degree to which established goals and objectives are accomplished. Key Responsibilities: This position is responsible for aligning our people practices with our core values and agency and county mission. Under the direction of the Director, OHRM this role will provide leadership support and oversight in the development and execution for the County’s vision for how we attract, develop, and retain an excellent team that supports our community within Prince George’s County. This is a strategic and operational role requiring adaptability, flexibility, and motivation. The individual is expected to deliver high levels of service and be called on as a subject matter expert who can solve problems for stakeholders.
- Develops short and long-term goals for HR functional areas and routinely reviews progress.
- Evaluates and analyzes information and recommends solutions; assures that HR activities and procedures are in compliance with all laws, policies, regulations, and standards.
- Hires supervises, provides daily coaching, and evaluates HR staff; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve technical issues.
- Develops, revises, and implements HR Policies and procedures.
- Reviews internal audits on HR processes and provides recommendations; oversees approved changes and is the point of contact for Finance audits.
- Ensures standard operating procedures are developed and revised as needed to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of HR processes.
- Develops and evaluates budget requests, monitors budget expenditures, makes adjustments as necessary, and reports budget information.
- Gathers information and prepares reports/presentations on HR operational subject matters.
- Provides consultation/guidance to all employees on HR subject matters including County policy and federal and state employment laws.
- Provides various HR-related training to all employees; schedules outside training for HR employees, as needed, to ensure competency in operational areas.
- Supports the relationship between the County and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Education: A Master’s degree in Business Administration/Management, Public Administration, Human Resources Development, Training, and Development, Organizational Development, Instructional Systems Design, or a closely related field. Experience
- 5 + years of Human Resources experience in a management role
- 10+ years of experience across all HR disciplines: talent acquisition and management, total rewards, workforce planning, employee experience, employee relations, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Experience with Training and Development
- Excellent business writing skills with an ability to communicate in written form to different audiences with minimal oversight
- Excellent oral presentation skills with an ability to communicate to different audiences with minimal oversight
- Proficiency with various HRIS software, Word, and Excel.
- Systems process improvement
- Impeccable attention to detail, highly organized in paper and digital paperwork
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment and ability to maintain the highest standards and confidentiality, especially when dealing with sensitive information.
- Goal-oriented and able to self-manage tasks and responsibilities.
- Reliable, timely, and able to demonstrate a sense of urgency when needed
- Budget development
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered. EACH APPLICANT MUST INCLUDE INFORMATION THAT CLEARLY DEMONSTRATES THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
The salary range for the position is $100,000 – $170,000
We have flexible/hybrid work schedules
The position closes on 5/29/2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.