Website San Francisco State University
Director of Administrative Services (DAS) Administrator I) – College of Professional & Global Education (CPaGE)
Job No: 531952
Work Type: Management (MPP)
Location: San Francisco
Categories: MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Director of Administrative Services
This position is an MPP I (Administrator I) in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the Dean, MPP IV (Administrator IV).
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State’s policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing mailto:[email protected].
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a “designated position” in the California State University’s Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Professional & Global Education
Full-Time (1.0 FTE)
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$7,084 – $8,750 Per Month ($85,008 – $105,000 Annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
The Director of Administrative Services (DAS) reports to the Dean of the College of Professional & Global Education and is the chief project management, communications and personnel officer for the College, requiring minimal supervision and the frequent use of skillful judgement. The DAS will have a broad and deep impact on CPaGE culture and organizational efficiency by leveraging their expertise in communications, technology, management, and customer service in support of staff and administrators at SF State’s only fully self-support college.
• Project Coordination and Communications
• Provides comprehensive communications and coordination in support of the College’s new strategic planning initiatives
• Liaises with stakeholders across campus including the Provost’s and President’s offices to support the College’s strategic planning and operational efficiency
• Leads development of the Annual Report
• Reviews and processes all college MOU’s and agreements for clarity and consistency
• In coordination with the Dean, develops and leads leadership and all-hands meetings with an emphasis on broadly shared values and objectives, such as enhanced staff engagement and transparency
• Communicates regularly with the college on a wide variety of issues using clear, effective and consistent messaging in support of accountability
• Distributes bi-weekly operational updates to all college members
• Structures leadership team meetings so as to enhance shared governance
• Leads all-staff meetings so as to consolidate a pro-active and cohesive college culture
• Assigns and tracks projects to leadership team, as determined by the dean
• Manages college-wide operations
• Develops, documents and implements standard operating processes for continuously improving operations and accountability
• Establishes and implements effective, comprehensive processes that govern all faculty appointment and payment processes to meet the college’s evolving program and budgetary needs
• In consultation with leadership, manages college wide process improvements
• Leads College DocuSign operations
• Leads timely and cost-effective implementation of facilities, emergency and operational policies and asset management
• In collaboration with the fiscal director, consults regularly with procurement to facilitate timely completion of requests
• Develops and manages the dean’s office budget
• Manages inquiries directed to the Office of the Dean, determines the proper course of action and delegates to appropriate individuals to address, manage and resolve.
• Coaches and supports staff members in the development of a productive, positive faculty appointment coordination team
• In coordination with the Dean, provides leadership in the areas of organizational development in support of the College’s mission, vision and strategic plan
• Coordinates diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
• Collaborates with leadership team to implement effective leadership decision-making and communications strategies that support positive staff engagement
• Leads a new employees’ working group to support successful onboarding and group cohesion
• Consults regularly with leadership regarding enhancing staff engagement and best practices for managing performance issues
• Advocates on behalf of staff and managers by utilizing and moving forward with HR tools (in range progressions, stipends, bonuses) to support staff
• Oversees onboarding of new staff and consults with leadership on the onboarding of new faculty to CPaGE
• Advises the CPaGE staff committee
• Collaborates with Human Resources and Information Technology Services to ensure compliance with SF State and CSU policies
• Creates faculty appointment tracking systems to maintain the validity and reliability of payroll data
• Collaborates with Information Technology Services (ITS) to maintain and upgrade the Campus Solutions faculty appointment letter module
• Leads the College’s staff recruitments, hiring and staff engagement initiatives utilizing current, best practices
* Other Duties as Assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resource, or related subject
• 5 years’ experience in increasingly responsible roles in higher education administration
• 5 years’ managerial experience
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Visio
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to manage competing project timelines with successful outcomes.
• Master’s degree in business administration, human resources, higher education administration or related subject.
• Experience developing and implementing strategic planning.
• Human resources experience with an emphasis on communications, management training, and staff engagement.
• Experience with faculty job classifications and related processes in the CSU (California State University) system.
• Experience managing staff within a represented labor environment.
• 5 years’ experience in increasingly responsible roles in higher education administration.
• 5 years’ managerial experience.
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Visio.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Ability to manage competing project timelines with successful outcomes.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work:
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life’s Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University’s commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
CSU strongly encourages faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process are encouraged to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to mailto:[email protected].
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4677033
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.