Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco
While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we’re not what you might expect. We’re unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves. We are looking for people who want to help our country reach its full economic potential. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive economy that works for everyone.
The Strategy, People + Culture team has a phenomenal opportunity for a Sr. Manager, People Services to join our Seattle team! In this critical role, you will develop and lead others to help build and adjudicate diverse and inclusive benefits programs to assist our employees throughout various stages of their professional and personal lives. You will serve as a mentor and subject matter expert for a skilled team of ~six professionals supporting: leave of absence, payroll, data analytics, and worker’s compensation functions. You will also monitor trends affecting pay and benefits and assess ways for the organization to improve practices or policies. This may include collaborating with other People Rewards colleagues to ensure that all programs align with our core values and objectives, as well as staying abreast of Federal, State, and municipal guidelines which may impact our employees.
Our ideal candidate has a solid background in the human resources arena, particularly in absence management (FMLA, disability etc.) You also have experience in developing and implementing new programs related to benefits (you have some project management in your toolkit and can take a sophisticated set of policy/benefits data and create a plan of action to implement changes. You are also a good listener and helpful by nature, willing to take ownership to solve a problem and drive it to completion. You also understand the power of relationships, trust and influencing others, and you lead with a positive outlook. Does this sound like you?!
- Ensure that employee pay is administered timely and accurately.
- Design and implement leave and employee-support benefits ensuring modern, inclusive design and practices.
- Mitigate legal and reputational risk to the Bank by ensuring payroll and benefits practices meet applicable regulations.
- Analyze trends, research standard methodologies, observe economic conditions, and make recommendations for program revisions and development.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills to craft and deliver messaging across the organization.
- Provide expert, innovative mentorship to ensure benefits and services meet Federal, State, and local regulations.
- Select and manage outside partners, such as benefits vendors, insurance brokers, and other key partners to ensure programs are relevant and competitive in the marketplace.
- Counsel and advise leadership and managers by providing technical and strategic expertise to mitigate legal and reputational risk.
- Collaborate with key partners across the People team (HRBP, Talent, Rewards) and Legal to understand their needs, solve business challenges, and ensure successful deployment of benefit programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Organizational Psychology, or related field.
- Typically requires ten or more years of related HR experience, and typically requires seven or more years of formal people management experience.
- Strong subject matter knowledge including short and long-term disability, FMLA, state, and federal regulations.
- Solid knowledge of payroll regulations and practices including wage and hour regulations.
- Workers’ compensation case management and administration experience.
- Willing and able to travel domestically within the SF Fed district up to six trips per year.
Helpful but not required:
- CEBS, PHR, SPHR or related certifications are welcome.
- Society of Human Resources Senior Professional Certification is a plus.
(Other titles this job may go by: Sr. Human Resources Manager, Sr. Human Resources Generalist.)
Base Salary Range: Min: $126,800 Mid: $164,700 Max: $202,700 (Location: Seattle, Washington)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard of Retirement / Pension.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation from the Bank’s vaccination policy; the Bank will provide accommodations as required by law for individuals unable to be vaccinated due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Instructions on how to apply: https://rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/FRS/job/Seattle-WA/Sr-Manager–People-Services_R-0000014925-2
Contact information: [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.