SF Fed is a Reserve Bank
While the SF Fed is a Reserve Bank, we’re not what you might expect. We’re unreserved here. That means we seek new and diverse perspectives. We spark conversations and encourage debate. We build opportunity. We pursue careers that are true to ourselves. We are looking for people who want to help our country reach its full economic potential. When you join the SF Fed, you join a team of people working together to promote an inclusive economy that works for everyone. We empower our people to balance their life and work responsibilities. That’s why we offer a flexible hybrid work model that allows you to collaborate with office colleagues on some days, and work from home on others.
We have a phenomenal opportunity to add a Sr. Employee Relations Specialist to our HR Business Partner Office (a team of ten HR professionals). In this important role on our team, you will support various business lines and work across our entire District. You will use HR standard methodologies, and your knowledge of employee relations, and change management to get results and to continue to mature the HR function toward a true consultative partnership with our business groups. Our ideal candidate is an outstanding relationship builder and knows how to “meet people where they are” and create authentic partnerships by building real trust. You are able to think and plan strategically, but are also highly capable completing the tactical work as well.
In this important role, you will actively develop and maintains effective employee relations in client departments and counsel employees and management, offering creative and innovative direction. You should display sensitivity and must have highly effective communication habits: listening effectively, including clients in the decisions that affect their groups, and following up promptly on interactions. You will also provide client training and skill development in areas such as harassment, competencies (accountability, leadership and so on), and performance management. You may act as the main point of contact between the business line and the HR Centers of Excellence (COEs), ensuring the seamless execution of people programs. Are you longing to put your time and talent to work in a mission driven organization that actually strives to improve the lives of people in our community? If so, the Fed could be the place for you!
- Support HR partnership with multiple client groups; sometimes owns HR partnership with smaller/less complex client groups.
- Maintain relationship with client departments by attending department meetings and anticipating client needs/requirements.
- Proactively advise management on business/operational issues.
- Provides guidance/assistance to employees and managers on such matters as competencies (leadership, accountability etc.) development, coaching, and performance and rewards.
- Guide employees and management on Employee Relations (ER) issues and concerns.
- Provide information to employees about Employee Assistance Program (EAP), EEO, and other programs.
- Conduct investigations and exit interviews.
- Recommend and coordinate updates to P+C (HR) guidelines.
- Partner with Training and Development to design and deliver P+C training.
- Interpret Bank policies and procedures and guarantee adherence with audit requirements and state and federal laws where applicable.
- Performs ad-hoc assignments and projects as needed.
- Develops and delivers in person presentations to a diverse group ranging from employees to senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, organizational development or related subject area or equivalent experience.
- Typically requires five or more years of experience in a strategic Human Resources role, working directly with senior level management.
- Experience managing a business function or operation with demonstrated ability to effectively manage people and people strategies may be substituted.
- Substantial experience with HR investigations and employee relations is required.
- Willing and able to travel to a maximum of 20%.
- PHR – Professional in Human Resources
- SPHR – Senior Professional in Human Resources
- SHRM CP – Certified Professional
- SHRM-SCP – Senior Certified Professional
(Other titles this role may be known by: Human Resources Manager, Sr. HR Generalist, Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), Human Resources Administrator)
Base Salary Range: Min: $94,800 Mid: $123, 100 Max: $151,400 (Location: San Francisco)
Final salary and offer will be determined by the applicant’s background, experience, skills, internal equity, and alignment with geographic and other market data.
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we offer a wonderful benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pretax Flexible Spending Account, Paid Family Leave Care, Backup Child Care Program, Pretax Day Care Flexible Spending Account, Vacation Days, Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, Matching 401(k), and an unheard-of Retirement / Pension.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
At the SF Fed, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve. The SF Fed is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit rb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.