Website Vanderbilt University
Director, Human Resources, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Nashville, TN, United States
In collaboration with Human Resources leadership and the Office of Equity Diversity and Inclusion and in alignment with University priorities, the Director of Human Resources Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) provides strategic leadership in developing and implementing programs and initiatives that advance equity, diversity, and inclusion within the university HR functions. A key leader on the HR team, this individual influences changes in culture and management practices within the organization. The Director will serve as a resource within Human Resources to instill and permeate equity, diversity and inclusion into all programs, initiatives, policies, and processes.
The Director is charged with reporting progress on staff diversity and inclusion efforts to the HR and EDI leaders as a way to foster and ensure accountability from leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports HR strategy for fostering an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace at Vanderbilt.
· Build strategic partnerships throughout the Vanderbilt community to establish Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion programs, and measure results.
· Deliver workshops, seminars, and learning programs that support university EDI efforts
· Drive EDI goal attainment through HR program management and defined project plans; manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation, and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
· Build networks and coalitions internal and external to influence and manage change in support of HR and University EDI initiatives and programs.
· Partner with Talent Consultants and hiring managers to provide expertise and leadership on diversity outreach to increase the candidate pool of diverse staff.
· Develop strategies, work plan and metrics for increasing self-identification of staff i.e. individuals with Disabilities, Veterans, LBGTQ, and young professionals.
· Collaborate with HR functional areas to develop tools and reports to support strategic efforts.
· Leverage quantitative analysis and reporting, including data-driven insights, market research, trend analysis, and benchmarking to inform the diversity and inclusion direction and goal.
· Communicate HR’s equity, diversity and inclusion strategy with the internal VU and external community.
· Builds relationships with and gains trust from leaders and their team members to develop a deep understanding of Vanderbilt’s workforce diversity, culture, inclusiveness, and retention opportunities.
· Collaborate with the Division of Administration diversity committee, to identify and implement best practices that promote and encourage division awareness and participation.
· Represent HR on university EDI, committees, and boards.
· Promote and operationalize existing institute wide standards, criteria, and guiding principles for equitable staff searches.
· Other duties as assigned
· 5+ years of academic or professional experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Human Resources, Social Science, Organizational Performance, and/or related field.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Performance, Business, Social Science, or related field preferred.
· A demonstrated track record of bringing diversity and inclusion to the workplace and/or to an organization.
· Track record of program implementation, strategic planning, and managing across multiple important priorities.
· Success in relationship building and a track record of leveraging resources to accomplish strategic objectives.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural competencies to interact with a wide range of individuals, including staff at all levels, faculty, and administrators.
· Expert influencing skills. Proven ability to support and empower leaders who are less experienced in leading conversations about diversity and inclusion.
· Exceptional professional communication and advanced presentation skills.
· Analytical skills and ability to translate metrics into valuable insights and informed decisions is preferred.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume accountability for fostering advancement and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion for all students, faculty, and staff. Our commitment to diversity makes us who we are. We have created a community that celebrates differences and lets individuality thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity in our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take advantage of the rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The diverse voices of Vanderbilt represent an invaluable resource for the University in its efforts to fulfill its mission and strive to be an example of excellence in higher education.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please note, all candidates selected for an offer of employment are subject to pre-employment background checks, which may include but are not limited to, based on the role for which they have been selected: criminal history, education verification, social media review, motor vehicle records, credit history, and professional license verification.
Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit ecsr.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.