Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, the VP, Global Talent Management (GTM) will serve as an innovative leader in the talent management space and will oversee the leadership capability development, learning and development, change management and core talent management processes including performance management, talent review and succession planning, and career development for the global organization. The VP, Global Talent Management will create a strategy that supports Sysco’s purpose, enhances our culture of high performance and continuous learning, and fosters a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for all colleagues.
Global Talent Strategy
- Define and implement a global talent model linked to enabling the business strategy.
- Drive the design and implementation of programs, practices, and processes to fulfill critical business goals and maximize future business growth.
- Lead the Global Talent management Team to ensure high performance individually and collectively, alignment across the various talent areas of expertise, along with the ongoing development and retention for each team member.
- Oversee the global talent management processes, collaborate closely with HR COEs to ensure the creation of strategies and processes for performance management, talent review and succession planning, and career development, and measurement framework are both effective and impactful.
- Drive the strategy, design and continuous improvement of enterprise-wide executive and leadership development programs, leadership competency framework, leadership assessments, and coaching engagements.
- Lead the change management strategy and plan to build change capacity and capability and support transformational change initiatives.
- Provide organization design process expertise to support reorganization needs.
- Create and deliver results mechanism (metrics, dashboard, reporting, etc.)
- Demonstrate focus on both BAU work/processes and innovative, new work (programs, processes, practices).
Financial & Technology Management
- Own the budgeting process within area of responsibility for a global organization.
- Collaborate with finance partners on the creation, execution and management of annual operation plan, annual reports, and forecasting cycles.
- Develop a long-range plan to support the GTM organization’s ability to increase business impact.
- Lead a technology-based process involving multiple organizations and geographies.
- Build business case for a technology and/or new program investments.
- Create a compelling vision for area of responsibility.
- Identify, recruit, onboard, coach and develop strong talent.
- Create and execute on robust succession and development plans for talent within area of responsibility.
- Increase engagement or maintain engagement at superior levels.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Executive presence and gravitas, comfortable building relationships and interacting at all levels of the organization. Builds confidence in others by demonstrating their expertise.
- Attention to detail, takes the time to ensure completed work is correct and strives for excellence.
- Balanced between strategic and technical styles, thinking critically about the long-term implications of programs while willing to roll up their sleeves and can speak to details with accuracy.
- Innovative and willing to try new ideas; understands when and where to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of learning, leadership development, change management and talent management programs.
- Experience and proven success integrating talent processes with technology platforms (e.g., Workday)
- Expert knowledge and experience with all types of talent and learning delivery methods (in-person, virtual, simulation, online courses, webinars, e-learning, and gamification).
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, facilitation, communication, and consulting skills.
- Ability to assess needs, influence, deliver, and partner within the HR team and at the most senior levels across the organization.
- Strong experience in facilitating senior leadership engagements and leading talent review discussions at an executive level.
- Proven leader with the ability to build and manage people and engage high performing teams.
- Strong business acumen, understands and aligns to the needs of the organization’s business drivers.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
- 15+ years’ experience in roles responsible for driving transformative innovation in the talent, learning and development, and performance management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree in HR, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or similar field required.
- Advance degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Travel may be required up to 20% to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
For information on Sysco’s Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR COLLEAGUES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 71,000 colleagues and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 333 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 700,000 customer locations.
We offer our colleagues the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
To apply for this job please visit wd5.myworkdaysite.com.